This resource is funded by and for the benefit of the Maryland State Department of Education.
Interested in scheduling a private training for your group?
Contact us to learn more.
Looking for your training certificate and approved emergency plan?*
- Log into your account. (Already logged in? Click "My Account" at the top of the page.)
- Scroll down to "My Documents" at the bottom of the "My Account" page to find copies of your certificate and plan.
*Certificates and plans are only available online for those who participated in training with Project ACT starting in October 2021.
- Text Alerts for Maryland
- National Weather Forecast for Maryland
- Child Care Prepare Emergency and Disaster Resources
- How Insurance Protects You in an Emergency
- Meeting the Needs of Infants and Toddlers During an Evacuation
- Webinar: Considerations for Infants and Toddlers During Disasters
- Maryland Emergency Management Agency Resources for Businesses
- Are you in a Flood Prone Area?
- Disaster Supply Kit
- Local Emergency Management Directors
- Handling Emergencies
- Emergency Preparation for Child Care Providers
- Emergency Plan for Families
- Locate Declared Disasters in Your Area
- Child Care Emergency Preparedness Toolbox
- Emergency Preparedness Toolkit for Child Care Programs
- Preventing Injuries in Child Care
- Playground Safety Tips
Local & National Standards
- Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Health & Safety Requirements
- Caring for Our Children (4th Ed.) National Health and Safety Performance Standards & Guidelines for Early Care and Education Programs
- National Center on Early Childhood Health and Wellness Emergency
- National Commission on Children and Disasters
Types of Emergencies
- How to Shut Off Your Water
- How to Turn Off Electricity
- How to Turn Off Natural Gas
- Emergency Closure Door Sign - Printable
- Inclement Weather Closure Door Sign - Printable
- Evacuation Door Sign - Printable
- Shelter-In-Place Door Sign - Printable
- Lockdown Door Sign - Printable
- Go vs. No Go
- Severe Weather Tracker
- How to Evacuate
- How to Shelter in Place
- Ways to Stay Tuned
- Maryland Insurance Administration
- Reducing the Financial Toll of Emergencies
- Emergency Financial First Aid Kit
Supporting Children, Families and Staff
- Helping Your Child Cope with Media Coverage of Disasters
- Talking to Children After a Disaster
- Helping Children Cope with Tragedy Related Anxiety
- Making Space for Children: Planning for Post-Disaster Reconstruction
- Disaster: Helping Children Cope
- Coping with Disaster
- Impact of Disasters on Mental Health - Printables
Plan Approval Tools
(Click above to download)
Are you ready to submit your emergency plan?
Upload your completed plan to be reviewed and approved.